Last Updated : November 27, 2017
Information we collect from you:
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with Altus websites. Below are some examples when you:
- Create an Altus account
- Sign-up to receive our website’s newsletters and/or periodic email notifications with special offers
- Place an order with us
- Participate in a contest, giveaway, promotion or survey
- Submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
There may also be information automatically collected when you interact with Altus. This is to allow the websites to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. These includes:
- Technical information such as your IP address, your device operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, and the path you take through our websites. We use these information to improve our products and services as well as to help us administer our website and diagnose technical problems. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information that does not personally identify you.
- We use ‘cookies’ to recognise you as you use or return to our site.
How we use your information:
We use your information to offer and provide our products and services and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfilment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions. These may includes:
- To fulfil your request for products and services and communication with you about those requests
- To register and service your account
- To administer surveys, contest, giveaways and promotions
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information
- To help us improve and customise our product and service offerings, websites and advertising
- To send you information about our products, services, and promotions
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business
How we protect your information:
To protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control we have implemented security measures on our website.
When you place orders or access your account information, a secure server is employed. All information you input is encrypted by the secure server layer (SSL) before it is sent to us and all the customer data we collect is similarly protected against unauthorised access.
Altus cannot be and is not responsible for unauthorised access to information by hackers or others who have obtained such access through illegal measures.
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it might be from Altus asking for your personal information, do not respond. Altus would not request your password, user name, credit card information, or other personal information through e-mail.
How we share your information:
- Within Altus Corporate Group: Altus may share your personal information with other companies in our corporate group
- Service Providers: Altus may from time to time share the information we collect from and about you with other third-parties that provide support services to us, or that help us market our products and services. Examples are shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, promoters and administrators of sweepstakes, contests, giveaways and promotions, and companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our websites. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorised to use the information we share with them for any other purpose. In some cases Altus and third-party service providers may share tracking information, including your IP address, and Altus may provide information about your order to the website that has referred you to Altus (and the referral network utilised by such website), to facilitate calculation of any commissions payable by Altus.
Altus website employs ‘cookies’, which are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer or mobile device. Our cookies enable us both to provide a Shopping Bag and to store your shipping and billing information between visits.
- Identifying you when you sign-in to our site;
- Delivering content relevant to your interests, including advertisements, on Altusbenefit.com, sites operated; by other companies within our corporate group, and third-party sites;
- Keeping track of your specified preferences;
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Altus content, products and services;
- Preventing fraudulent activities; and
- Improving security.
The “Settings,” “Privacy” or other features on most browsers will enable you to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and to disable cookies altogether. If you have set your browser to reject cookies, you can still use our site, although you may need to re-enter information that would normally be obtained from the cookie.
Altus allows third parties that provide support services to us, or that help us market our products and services, to collect certain anonymous technical information (such as clickstream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, MAC address, cookie and session ID, and IP address) when you visit our website and to use that information to serve ads for Altus when you visit certain other websites. These third parties typically use a cookie to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, visit the National Advertising Initiative or the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising.
Links to other websites
The Altus website may have buttons, plugins and log-in interfaces from sites operated by third parties, as well as links and other connections to those sites. We refer to these buttons, plugins, login interfaces, links and other connections as “Links.” Links may include content from third-party sites that is framed within our website, such as the “Find us on Facebook” social plugin. If you click on a Link or input information in a framed Link on our site, those third parties may receive information about you. As a result, you may wish to review the privacy policies of those third parties to understand how such information is collected and used.
If you click on or input information through certain Links on our website, we may have access to information related to your account with third–party site. This may include your profile information and privacy settings for that site.
While Altus encourages third parties with Links on our site to follow appropriate privacy standards and policies, we are not responsible for the actions of those parties, the content of their websites or any products or services they may offer.
Comments, Reviews, and Other Information
If you have any further questions or suggestions, please contact us, email@example.com via email or mail to the address below:
22nd Floor, A T Tower,
180 Electric Road, North Point,